def decision(human, machine):
- Mentors: Denae Ford Robinson, Nicole Forsgren, Carmen Badea, Christian Bird, Tom Zimmermann, Rob DeLine.
- Designed and built a prototype aimed to enhance software development operations (DevOps) and experiences.
- Constructed a complex Python-based team matching tool powered by LLM (Large-language Model) orchestrated with Guidance, FLAML, and MySQL.
- Spearheaded metrics and proxies to understand and support team-matching decision processes.
- Outline a two-stage within-subject qualitative study to explore expert users’ perceptions of LLM-based software matches.
Graduate Researcher, The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Aug 2018 - Present) #
- Led 3 human-computer interaction research projects in human-data interaction, individual preference elicitation, and smart home privacy.
- Designed, prototyped, and built an preference elicitation system using Quadratic Voting mechanisms with Nest.js, MongoDB, and Angular.
- Evaluated multiple interactive systems using interviews, surveys, questionnaires, and in-lab behavioral experiments.
- Analyzed experiment data using qualitative and quantitative methods, including open coding, thematic analysis, and bayesian analysis.
- Supported 2 human-computer interaction research projects in smart home user power dynamics and spreadsheet data analysis workflows.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Aug 2018 - Present) #
Software Engineer Intern, Salesforce (May 2020 - Aug 2020) #
- Developed VSCode Plugin for Salesforce developers to reduce XML development time by 2x using TypeScript.
- Contributed to Open Source RedHat XML VSCode extension (#292) and Salesforce VS Code extension (#2726)
Software Engineer Intern, Salesforce (May 2019 - Aug 2019) #
- Built pipelines and designed 3 dashboards for front-end cache monitoring using Java, Grafana, and Splunk to visualize daily logs on a billion scale.
- Optimized dashboard queries by 10x loc for better readability and maintainability.
Machine Learning Research Intern, KKBOX, Machine Learning Team (May 2018 - Aug 2018) #
- Mentor: Dr. Yian Chen
- Researched and implemented a natural language processing pipeline for mandarin name-entity recognition with 90%+ accuracy.
- Designed and built a pattern-based relation extraction pipeline for cross-language music content using 3B+ music data.
Undergraduate Research Assistant, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Dec 2015 - Dec 2017) #
Web Administrator, RIH, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2016 - 2017) #
Summer Research Intern, National Center for High-Performance Computing (July 2015 - Aug 2015) #
- Mentor: Dr.Ann, Hsing-Yen
- Designed and implemented MySQL database pipeline to retrieve and analyze malicious fast-flux domains.
- Intern report: Development of Bad Domain Tracking System
- Contributed to Tsai et al. Using BDTS to detect IP changes of malicious domains over time. TANET 2018.